Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Challenge Number One: Be Pharmacy Tech Certified by February



I've been offered a temp job in a pharmaceutical company. They're looking for permanent hires but at the same time want to check out its candidates first through a 90-day contract with the temp agency. Since right now all I care more than ever is to have inflow of money to pay of the bills and keep me sane, it's to my best interest to be permanently hired.

After speaking with the HR, he stated that they're looking highly on certified pharm techs. So therefore, I'm pursuing the certification. Some people who spoke with me regarding the certification think that I'm crazy to be wanting to take it so soon. For myself, I felt that I'm giving myself too long of a time frame.

Then comes my cousin. After speaking with her, she said that she only studied for 2 weeks prior to the test and passed. She only used one book. She advised to just study hard and I should be fine. Finally, someone who doesn't think I'm nuts. She inspired me to just get it done. She didn't even go to school for it nor had prior experience. I suppose quick-learning is part of the family trait.

So therefore, I've entrusted myself with my first challenge of the year: Be a Pharm Tech certified by February. Crazy? Maybe. Impossible? I don't think so!

4 comments:

  1. You can do it! I find that I do my best under tight time limits.
    Stopped by from SITS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jan, you can accomplish anything you are willing to work for.

    I look forward to hearing how this goes. PS Don't worry if people think you are crazy. Actions speak louder than words so get out there and prove them wrong. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete