Monday, January 4, 2010

Beginning of a New Chapter



A really good friend of mine gave me a book called Three Feet From Gold as a gift for Christmas. She claimed that it's what I needed to turn my head around and go down the right path again. I've been putting it off for quite some time and saving it for a nice reading for the new year. After reading just a few chapters, I realized that she was right. At this moment of my life, it is something that I needed to help me push past a lot of the setbacks and misfortunes that have been appearing more frequently from bad decisions.

The golden nuggets of information within the pages of the book have shed some light into changing my current condition. Since my new year's resolution is to get a better grip on my financial situation, I see this opportunity to start a new adventure and surpass my failures in the past. As someone have told me once before, knowledge is meaningless unless it is put into action.

My biggest setback arise from living my life as a bitter lady lugging around a heavy suitcase full of regrets and glories of the past. As Genevieve Bos of PINK magazine have said, "Never let mistakes define who you are." I'm finally throwing my luggage down the river and starting a new life. Who knows where life is going to take me. One thing is for sure - I'm taking a sip of life one adventure at a time.

3 comments:

  1. I look forward to reading about your journey, Jan. Thinking of you always. (Florida Girl)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks =) I'm taking your advice about having a female mentor but I don't know where to start. But first things first, I'm trying to figure out my WHY...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome, and you seem to have a great attitude about it... I see you being very successful in getting on track and where you want to be! Best of luck.

    ReplyDelete