Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Writer's Workshop: Inspired Image


Writer's Workshop: “What images inspire you immediately? Open a magazine and create a piece of writing (poem, story, essay) about the first image that captures your imagination.”

I don't own too many magazines so I'm taking the stab on this the best I can... This image comes from my Dive Training magazine, a beach in Maui filled with black sands.

The roar of the waves
Crashing against the rocks
White foam reach out
Towards the black sand
A slight breeze brushed
The tops of the trees
Creating a certain lull
In the start of the day

The warmth of the sun
The blue, cloudless sky
Splash of the cool water
Mezmerizing, Tantalizing
The senses to seek ways
To enjoy the outdoors
Such a beautiful day -
A sin to stay indoors

Surfing, Snorkling
Wakeboarding, Kayaking
Fishing, Swimming
Jetskiing, Diving,
Sailing, Sunbathing
So much to do -
So little time
What to do first?

The sun have finally
Fallen behind the mountains
The twinkling stars
And bright round moon
Spread across the sky
After the excitement
Of the day have gone
It's time to say goodnight.

Mama's Losin' It

5 comments:

  1. You're a diver? That's awesome! Great picture and poem!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, although I'm long due for another dive soon. Do you dive?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! Stopping by from SITS! Wish I was near the warm ocean right now! Happy SSSF!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love a good ocean and/or beach description, especially when it's so cold out (and I'm in FL)!

    Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Jan. We need an update on your goals. I seem to remember something about becoming a pharmacist. How is it going?

    ReplyDelete