Sunday, February 21, 2010

Home - “The ache for home lives in all of us, the safe place where we can go as we are and not be questioned” ~ Maya Angelou



From the Writer's Workshop, I chose to write about “The ache for home lives in all of us, the safe place where we can go as we are and not be questioned” ~ Maya Angelou.

The words of Maya Angelou strike a note inside me. From my past, I have felt that I've never truly been able to "go home". Home is more than just a place to live in. Home is a safe haven where the troubles of the world vanishes and fills one's soul with motivation, dreams, and inspiration.

For years, I have yearned to be loved for who I am and wished that I can voice my thoughts and opinions without being stomped on. I have dreamed about being able to share my dreams without being criticized about being far-fetched or ungrounded. I wanted to be inspired and motivated that I can fulfill my life's purpose and use my talents to help another individual. I needed security that I will always be loved despite my flaws, forgiven for my faults, and celebrate over everything that I have done right.

I have been achingly jealous of lots of family movies that always ended in happy endings. Where the family would gather together for a nice, warm meal and share the day's ordeals. Where you always know that once you're home, you receive warm big hugs, laughter, and kisses. Where you can enjoy each other's company by using a little creativity. Or share each other's thoughts about philosophies, history, and art. Where you get together during holidays and recount on wonderful memories.

It's funny how out of all what I want to do/be in my life, this is what I feeling I wanted the most... be able to be "at home".

Oh I wish I may I wish I might... this wish of coming home tonight.

Mama's Losin' It

No comments:

Post a Comment